Shelly's world; when I move and travel, and when I hurt and love.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Summer's back

Today the heat finally came back. So this afternoon I will spend a few hours on the beach and get back my colour!
I don't like doing the morning shift at work, there's too many people and too much yaddering. Bet they're all really jelous on me becouse of the job I'm doing, which is to surf the net and do fun stuff online! Haha
I don't like living with the German people, the language abrrier is cousing so much irritation from me and D. I hope they don't realise... And since they own half the car now, they wanna go half on cleaning the engine. D went to a garage today and they said it would be R100 to get it fixed, and so we are gonna tell the Gremans that it's actually R200! Feel a bit bad doing that, but it's really not our problem to get it fixed as they are the new owners of the car. They are just paying half now and half in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to get rid of the car! And now I don't want to buy a car again until I can afford a brand new one and I really need it. But I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon as we are going to live in London.

This morning I watched a bit of the news as I was making my lunch for work, and a reporter came on to do a story which I can't remember what it was about, but that's not important anyway. I couldn't understand a word of what she was saying!! She kept talking for about 5 minutes and during that time I think I picked up 3 words. I just can't understand how they can hire someone to do the English news on tv when they don't even freakin speak English! It's all becouse of this stupid "affermative action". It is not even a good idea on paper, and it's definately not working! It only takes the country in the wrong direction, the country is going through so many changes (and fast!), but they are all in the wrong direction!
D got a bit mad at me yesterday when we were cooking dinner and said "You don't even like this country a little bit, do you?!". Well....no...not very much.... I wanted to! Before I came to South Africa I thought I was going to one of the greatest countries in the world and I was very much looking forward to it. But now it's changed and I would only consider coming back here for a short vacation.... Sorry D.

No comments: