Shelly's world; when I move and travel, and when I hurt and love.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cape Town


We're finally here!! On the other side if the world for me. But it's pretty cool so far even though I haven't seen half of the city yet. We've only been in once to the centre of town so far, to the V&A Waterfront to have lunch, then we went on further south through Clifton and all it's pretty beaches along the mountains.

We live about 30 minutes north of the city, in Blouberg, very nice. We only move in to our place on the 1st of December, but it's only 5 minutes away from the guy we're staying with at the moment. It's a a stonethrow from the beach so we go down every day for a dip in the cold Atlantic water. Today I lost control in hte strong currant and the waves! Funny.. And the view we've got from our beach is the picture above!

Oh, and the car trip down here was so cool. It was mostly dessert, but it was cool. We saw little grey monkeys running across the road, and we stayed in a B&B for one night in the middle of nowhere. When it got dark the temperature drops so much, but during the days it's always over 30! Almost too hot for me..

No comments: